- About Us
- Give Online
Women's Ministries at Indian Hills Community Church is an active and long-standing program. Women are encouraged to live increasingly godly lives through the exhortation and encouragement of scripture, through fellowship with other believing women, and through faithful service to our local body in areas consistent with the role of women.
The teaching of scripture and fellowship primarily occur in the following programs at the church:
- SISTERS - Bible study on Monday evenings at 7:00 p.m.
- Titus Tuesday - Light brunch, prayer time for the church body, Bible study, discussion group or various classes geared to areas unique to women and their responsibilities. Meeting on Tuesday mornings 9:15-11:30 a.m. Childcare provided. Home school class available.
- Brunch Break or Salad/Dessert Supper - Occurring four times during the school year on Tuesday morning at 9:15-11:30 a.m. or Tuesday evening at 6:30 p.m. Music, special feature of interest to women, and a testimony of a woman who has come to know the Lord as her Savior. Childcare provided.
- Women's Seminar or Conference - In February on alternate years, either a Friday evening seminar or Friday/Saturday retreat at the Lied Lodge in Nebraska City.
- Special Events such as an evening dedicated to a specific topic.
While women at Indian Hill's Church serve this local body in many areas, the following areas of service are specifically provided by Women's Ministries for members of our church.
- Food Service - Providing a meal to those in our body who are in need of help.
- Weddings - Provide a wedding coordinator for the ceremony and kitchen help for a church wedding reception.
- Funerals - Provide a luncheon following a funeral.
- Cleaning Days - Accomplish extra cleaning in our church building once in the spring and once in the fall.
- Clothing Outlet - Members bring used clothing in good condition to share with others.
- Kitchen Operations - Maintain an orderly kitchen with supplies and equipment necessary for various church functions.
- Missionary Prayer Group - Meets once a month to pray for missionaries connected to our church body.